About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Friday, December 8, 2017

Homemade Beef Stroganoff with Leftover Carne Guisada

I consider myself the king of using leftovers and creating something that is new and different. MC always wants to make Hamburger Helper especially their Beef Stroganoff. I don't know about you, but I sure as heck don't like to eat that kind of processed food. Granted I am wrong with cooking mushrooms with this since true beef stroganoff does not have onions and mushrooms. It also is cooked with mustard and bouillon.

This recipe is very easy since it uses leftovers. Remember that my carne guisada already was cooked with onions, garlic, paprika and other such spices. It is also good since you don't have to worry about adding additional spices and salt. Recipe follows...

Ingredients:
Leftover Carne Guisada
1 pkg mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp salted butter
1 can 12 oz beef consomme
3 tbsp sour cream
1 pkg noodles (preferably, egg noodles)
Baby Spinach (if desired)

First, start by washing the mushrooms. If you already had bought pre-sliced mushrooms, then you can avoid slicing otherwise slice the mushrooms. Add the butter and saute the mushrooms. Remember what Julia says, don't overcrowd or they will not be golden brown. When done, turn the heat off and close the lid.



Now remember, this is using leftover carne guisada. I have some carne guisada that I had made a couple of days ago. The good thing is that the . Add the mixture to the mushrooms turning the heat on and bringing the mixture to a boil.


Now I am adding some Beef Consomme to add some liquid to the mixture. Stir the mixture on occasion. After a couple of minutes, add some sour cream to the cooking meat.




While that is cooking, you can get the salted water to a boil. As far as noodles are concerned, I have been told by the other half that beef stroganoff is not stroganoff without egg noodles. Make sure the noodles are al dente and drain.

Now when you serve, just pour the mixture atop of the noodles. Of course, MC likes to drizzle it with cheese. TYPICAL...snickers...


 For a little bit of a mix, you can add spinach to the mixture allowing the spinach to soften. Adding the spinach is a great way of getting your vegetables with your meal. Enjoy it either way, but I have to say it is simply delish!!



No comments:

Post a Comment