About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

White Cheddar Pimento Cheese

A long time ago, I came across this small business here in Houston called Houston Dairymaids. I really do love their variety of cheeses, along with a great wine selection and other such stuff. I sometimes purchase a slew of items and plan a picnic when we travel to other areas here in Texas.

Well, one of those items that I do like to purchase is Pimento cheese (despite the fact that I don't like pimento cheese). This lady comes and sells pimento cheese made with white cheddar cheese.

Most people know that if I find something that I like, I am going to take it and try to make it myself. This recipe is rather simple. You just need to make an effort of getting the items. This keeps well for about 2 to 3 weeks as long as its refrigerated well.

Ingredients:

12 oz Aged white cheddar cheese
2 tbsp mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
8 oz pimentos, drained
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
additional sea salt and pepper to taste

Shred the cheese into a large mixing bowl.

Add the mayonnaise, pimentos, salt and pepper. Mix with a spatula. Taste to see if the flavor is there. If it seems a little try, you might need to add a little mayonnaise. Also, add additional salt and pepper to taste.


If you are using this for a party, place into a large serving dish and seal with plastic wrap. Otherwise, place into separate containers especially if you plan to go picnicking. Refrigerate overnight.

I find that it tastes so much better the next day. This is great with some crackers and additional vegetables. I had a friend tell me recently that he hated pimento cheese and he really liked it. It doesn't have a heavy pimento flavor. This really doesn't have that flavor. You really need to try this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment