About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A breakast here we go...

Yesterday, I had a great time at a party with some great people. Needless to say fun was had by all and ended up staying out late. Unfortunately, I get told that we were going to have visitors coming in for breakfast. Normally, I don't like to get things going in the kitchen after drinking the night before, but these are special guests to me. 
I ended up making omelets, cottage potatoes and crescent rolls. I just wanted to share how I make an omelet, so hope you enjoy the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 or 3 eggs
1 tbsp half and half
green onion
bacon
ham
salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheese

For the potatoes, I diced just some potatoes and onions. I cooked the potatoes and onion with a pat of butter and some bacon fat.


For the omelet, I started with cooking the bacon. I diced the bacon into bite sized bacon and place into the pan. Cook the bacon until its medium brown.


If you like mushrooms, cook some with a little butter. I don't like to add the stems as it would just be too "woodsy" when combining with eggs. So here I have some mushrooms being cooked on both sides.

 

When I finally start to get the omelet being made, I get all the ingredients together and ready. I ask everyone what they would like in their omelet. I have diced ham, bacon, green onion and the cooked mushrooms.


Well, we ended up chatting for a while. Then I started to make their omelets. Each gets their own ingredients. I add a pat of butter along with their ingredients. While that is cooking, whisk the eggs and half and half until somewhat frothy.

After you have reheated the ingredients, add the egg mixture. I always like to scrape the side and try to get the egg cooked. I have the oven on and place the pan into the oven to allow the omelet finish cooking. Add some cheese and flip closed.


 Again, I served this with the cottage potatoes and crescent rolls. Everyone enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. It looks cheesy and delicious - I'd probably leave out the mushrooms cause I'm not a fan. But bacon and green onions... mmmmm

    ReplyDelete