About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Broccoli Beef

One of the types of cuisine that I really do appreciate is Chinese. I love to cook it since you can add so many great spices. The end result is something that is rather flavorful and yet complex since you have to add all those ingredients.


When making this dish, I prefer to use broccolini. Broccoli is ok, but the broccolini is great and the texture is more crisp.

Ingredients:

1 package thin milanesa (thin steak)
1 large onion
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp worcheshire
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tumeric
broccolini

First stack the pieces of meat one on top of the other. I like to do that as it would make it easier to cut a multiple pieces of meat all at once. Cut them into strips.


Preheat your wok. If you don't have a wok, use your largest skillet pan. Add your peanut oil onto the pan. Make sure the oil covers the bottom of the pan.

Once the pan is hot enough, add the meat. Start to cook the meat.

 

As the meat continues to cook, start to cut onions. Add the onion to the cooking meat.


While the onion and meat is cooking, add the spices. Allow the meat and onions to mix well with the spices.


The last thing I add is the broccolini. I know, why would I do that? I personally like my broccoli crisp. If I add it early, the broccoli would be limp and not as crisp.


I made it with some jasmine rice and some Vietnamese egg roll that I had gotten from the Chinese farmers market.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I seriously need you to teach me how to cook Chinese. Cause I rarely eat anything Asian because I won't cook it ;) But this looks so easy I must try it...

    ReplyDelete