About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weekend Casserole

Everyone loves to have a Brunch every now and again. I am not much of a breakfast person, especially as I got older, but I do have to admit that I sometimes get a hunkering for eggs. Normally, when I do, I end up cooking a brunch for MC and myself. This go around I was wondering what I would cook for everyone.

So one of the other items that I cooked was the Weekend Casserole. This is much like a quiche, but I have to admit that you are cheating with the use of crescent dinner rolls. For this recipe, I have made a double batch since we had about 12 people eating this dish along with the rest of the items cooked for our Weekend Brunch.

Ingredients:

1 lb country sausage
1 large onion
2 cups shredded cheese (mozzerella or any type of cheese)
1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
additional green onions for color
4 large eggs
3/4 whole milk
1/4 garlic powder
1/4 salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Grease the 13 x 9 baking dish. Notice that I have decided to use a disposable dish as I want to make it as easy to clean up after everyone had their share of this delicious dish.


Start to cook the sausage. While that is cooking dice the onion. Add the onion to the meat. Continue to cook until well browned. Take out of the pan and allow to drain.

Start to roll out the crescent roll dough. Firmly press the perforations of the crescent dough in order for it to seal.

Sprinkle the sausage and onion mixture. Add one cup of the shredded cheese and the green onions to the meat. For this recipe, I wanted to use monterrey jack cheese.

 
 

Combine all of the other ingredients in a large bowl until well blended with a whisk. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the sausage. Add the rest of the cheese over the egg and sausage mixture.


 
 
 

Bake the casserole between 15 to 20 minutes or until it is set. Use a toothpick to make sure it has set well. Let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment