About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flounder Almond Florentine

As some of you remember, I was able to get some great seafood from a little place that I truly thought wouldn't have much to offer. I want to thank LC for bringing me to that little hole in the wall fish shack. After all that I got, I was able to purchase some great fish. I was so looking forward for today as I was going to be able to get the flounder and actually cook something rather unique, but simple.


2 large flounder filets or other fish filet
salt
pepper
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup Panko
2 tsp of butter, melted
1/2 cup almonds, sliced and roasted
Herbs of Provence
lime or lemon wedges 

If you have frozen your fish (like I did), make sure you slowly thaw the fish. Normally, thaw it slowly by placing the frozen fish into the refrigerator overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350. On a cookie sheet, cover with foil (this helps in easy cleanup) and spray with Pam. Rinse the fish and place onto the cookie sheet. Add salt and pepper. Make sure not to over salt the fish. Add one tbsp of mayonnaise to each fish filet, spreading all over the fish. This allows the fish to stay moist. In a separate small bowl, add the butter, almonds and panko. Once the mixture is sufficiently coated with butter, sprinkle on top of the fish. Sprinkle Herbs of Provence onto to fish. Place into the preheated oven and let cook for about 15 minutes.

Once cooked, let it set for a couple of minutes. You can serve it with your favorite sides or a nice light side salad. I have here some garden vegetable rice (with carrots and peas). Serve with some lemon or lime. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment