About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Monday, November 7, 2011

Avocado bacon burger

I truly do love avocado. I also love burgers, but I tend to not eat them all the time. Usually, when I make burgers at home, I don't eat it with bread and indulge myself with some extra cheese or maybe a couple of slices of avocado.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb ground meat, preferably 80/20 meat
1/2 lb ground bison meat
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp herbs of provence
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 pkg Lipton's mushroom packet
1 tbsp worcheshire sauce
1 large egg
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs


Preheat your oven for about 350. I like to make burgers in the oven as it cooks out any of the fat and I don't have to worry about carcinogens from grilling outside or frying the burger in its own fat when cooking atop a stove. While the oven is preheating, cook some bacon.


Preheat your oven for about 350. Start with mixing the two different types of meat. I love to use bison because its so much leaner, but I mix it with some ground meat. If you want it plenty leaner, then I suggest using 93/15 or leaner than that.
 

Add all the rest of the spices, eggs, bread crumbs and liquid sauces. Once you have this all mixed, allow for it to set for at least 30 minutes. This lets the spices to meld well with the meat. Make them into 4 different servings.

Place the 4 patties into the preheated oven. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Notice that it will be browning on one side with drippings. Skim the drippings from the pan and flip the burgers. Place this into the oven again for another 15 minutes. If you are planning to eat it the day of, add the cheese when the burgers are pipping hot.


It's your choice. Have it on bread or in my case, have it just with some BBQ sauce. I will have it with lettuce and avocado. Both great ways to eat a good burger.



1 comment:

  1. Avocado has to be one of the best things on the plant for sandwiches of pretty much any kind :) And with bacon! ::drools:: Honestly, I've never baked a burger - but to avoid blackening, that makes a lot of sense...

    ReplyDelete