About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pinapple Sheet Cake

We have planned for our trip to Colorado for quite sometime. I had wanted to make something such as a cake for our trip. Normally, if I had decided to make the cake in Colorado, it would take a while for the cake to cook well.

For this recipe, you will notice that there is plenty of batter. I have decided to make some extra cupcakes for my Quality Control gets something to taste and also makes sure it tastes well.

Dry Ingredients: 

2 3/4 cup cake flour ( I made my own cake flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup crushed almonds

Wet ingredients

1 cup softened butter
1 Eight oz block of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice
1/4 cup cream
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
5 eggs

Pineapple Cream Icing Ingredients:
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 16 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 16 oz pkg powdered sugar

After I was done making the cake flour I put the baking powder, baking soda and salt together and sifted one last time.
 
 

I put the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of my mixer, blended it well then added the sugar. I added the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.

 

Place the vanilla, crushed pineapple and cream in and blend well then add the almonds.

 
 

Add the flour mixture slowly into the wet mixture until it is incorporated. Make sure that the flour is mixed in well. I had to scrape the edges in order to assure that the flour mixes with the wet ingredients.


Put the batter into a 13x9 inch pan that was sprayed with Pam and floured and bake the cake at 325 degrees for about an hour.

I am icing this with a simple cream cheese icing. I add a little bit of crushed pinapple to the cream cheese icing. Remember, this may be a little decadent, but its oh so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment