About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
Just your atypical hispanic male living in the big city

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chicken with your Leftover Salsa

Ever thought about what to do with leftover salsa? On Labor Day weekend, I made a rather healthy portion of homemade salsa. I love to use salsa in different ways and normally I make enough to use for multiple purposes. Most of the time I use it as a sauce sometimes to cook with meats and the like.

This week, I have planned 2 different salads, but I bought chicken to be cooked for the week. Here is a simple recipe that you can use:



3 chicken breasts
1tbsp olive oil
1 whole onion
1 medium bell pepper
3 tbsp Minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
Ground Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 cup Chicken Stock
Leftover Salsa (if you prefer to use it spicy, then use spicier salsa)

Dice onions and bellpepper. Also, cut breasts into strips. Heat up the pan and add the oil. Add the chicken, onions, minced garlic and bellpepper to the pan. Once it starts to cook, add the spices, salsa and chicken stock. Continue to cook the chicken. Lower the heat as the chicken stock will slowly dissipate. As you continue to cook the chicken, you will notice that the chicken is more tender.

What do I plan to do with this chicken? Well, I have planned to use some of the chicken for chalupas (a topper of a bean and cheese tostada). For another day, I plan to make quesadillas. Now to try to relax before the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment